Blogger Widgets

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Echo (The Soul Seekers): Audiobook

Author: Alyson Noel

Narrator: Brittany Pressley
Title:Echo (The Soul Seekers)
Publication: November 13, 2012
Publisher: Macmillan Audio
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy
Pages: 352
Length: 9 hours 34 minutes
Audience: 17 and up
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Source: Public Library

Synopsis (from the cover): There's still so much Daire Santos has to learn about being the last Soul Seeker...and about herself. As her magical training become more intense, so does her relationship with Dace. But when she learns that his connection to the evil Richter family goes far deeper than she ever imagined., she begins to question if love really can conquer all. Dace is painfully aware that he wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Richters' dark magic- and now his brother Cade is determined to use his love for Daire against him. Dace is willing to sacrifice his own life. But will Daire allow it? And what if defeating Cade costs not only his life but his soul too?


My thoughts:
 I thought Fated moved a little slow and made me a little unsure if I wanted to continue the story, but I really wanted to read Echo so I went for it. This book picks up the pace and throws in new people and new drama. I really liked this one. Daire's relationship and training even pick up pace and seem to rush a little bit, but time is of the essence! Even though the pace picks up, plenty of drama and new people are thrown in to slow things down. To make you wonder why people are disappearing, appearing, and/or reappearing. Also, Auden, Xotichl's (So-chee) boyfriend is making bets against her. She believes it will snow by Christmas and he believes it won't. He seems to be the only one betting against her. By the way, Xotichl is still my favorite character.
As I have said the book throws a lot more into the storyline and I feel like it really developed in this book. The ending of this book totally blew my mind. I would think, "Oh my goodness! This is going to happen!" only to have something completely different happen. The ending is a complete and utter cliff hanger. I've really enjoyed listening to the audio version of the book, but since it usually takes a while for the audiobook to come out, I am going to my public library on May 8, 2013 and hoping to goodness they will have this book on their shelves. I NEED to know what happens!
The audio is done once again by Brittany Pressley. In Echo, the perspective changes from Daire and Dace. Her voice is a little deeper and more relaxed for Dace and I really enjoyed listening to her narrate for him. I also enjoy the way she narrates for Paloma as well. In the epilogue of the book, the reader gets to hear from about 7-8 different character perspectives and their voices! It really brought the characters to life. It was a pretty cool ending to hear each individual character's thoughts and the insane cliff hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment